Aside from the entry requirements stated below, we are looking for students who are;
- Self-disciplined and show initiative
- Independent thinkers but can also be team players
- Interested in both geo-information science and project-management
Is this a profile you recognize yourself in? Then read on for our entry requirements!
You are eligible to be admitted to the GIMA programme, if you have:
- already obtained a university Bachelor degree or equivalent in a discipline related to geo-information or to a spatial / informatics discipline (Architecture, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Earth Science, Environmental Science, Management, Planning, …)
- academic and research skills on par with those expected at the level of a university Bachelor degree
- basic computer skills
- English language proficiency (as GIMA is a complete English language programme).
English language proficiency:
- You are considered to be proficient in English and do not need to provide an English language test score if:
- you are a native English speaker;
- you obtained your secondary school diploma and/or Bachelor’s degree in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, UK, USA or South Africa, or you obtained an International Baccalaureate Diploma or European Baccalaureate Diploma (taught in English);
- you have completed a Bachelor’s programme at a Dutch Research University, or you have a degree from a Dutch University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool).
- Other applicants must provide proof of proficiency. One of the following English language tests can be accepted as proof of proficiency:
- IELTS, Academic Module. Minimum score: 6.5 overall band, at least 6 for writing.
- TOEFL, Internet based. Minimum score: 93, institutional scores are not accepted (the TOEFL institution code for Utrecht University is 9062).
- Cambridge Certificates Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English, at least a B grade. Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English, at least a C grade.
- More information about the English language requirements can be found here.
Selection of course participants will also be based on:
- motivation and talent;
- study progress and results obtained in previous (post secondary) education (e.g. based on GPA);
- practical experience in the geo-information field will be an advantage.
The GIMA Admissions Committee and GIMA Programme Management can only indicate if you meet these requirements on the basis of your full application. More information about the application procedure can be found here. The Admissions Committee will review your full application and inform you about your eligibility for GIMA.