This course is meant as an introduction to the first six modules.
- Perspectives on geo-information and geo-informatics
- Need for geo-information
- Study programme introduction and facilities
The student will:
- Gain understanding of the nature of the GIMA course
- Understand that different approaches towards geo-informatics are possible
- Understand why geo-information is needed to solve problems
- Obtain practical knowledge on how to use learning and communication tools of the GIMA distance-learning mode
- During several lectures, the basics of geo-information and geo-informatics as seen from the perspectives of the four participating universities are conveyed
- Exercise on needs assessment for geo-information: case study – Enschede Fireworks Disaster
- Hands-on experience with Blackboard and GIS
Type of education
Presentation of exercises results.
Letter of acceptance of the MSc programme Geographical Information Management and Applications.