The student will be able to:
- Have an impression of the nature of the GIMA course.
- Understand the different possible approaches toward geo-informatics.
- Understand why geo-information is needed to solve problems.
- Have practical knowledge on how to use the Blackboard distance learning environment.
- During several lectures the basics of geo-informatics as seen from the perspective of the four participating universities are conveyed.
- Exercise on needs assessment of geo-information: case study Enschede fireworks disaster.
- Hands-on experience with Blackboard environment.
Type of education
Presentation of exercises results.
Letter of acceptance of the MSc programme Geographical Information Management and Applications.